Privacy and Cookies
British Equestrian Trade Association Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 (the Act), the data controller is British Equestrian Trade Association Ltd, East Wing, Stockeld Park, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS22 4AW, UK.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Claire Thomas.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.beta-uk.org (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, signing up to our research panel, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Information that you provide by filling in hard copy forms and either handing them or posting them to us. This includes information provided at the time you register to use or subscribe for any services we may offer via our site or otherwise.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- All business addresses, business related information, including, without limitation, business type, brands you may stock, contact names and numbers for listing or registration on our site, your website address and your email address, that you may provide to us in any form at any time.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To invite you to participate in surveys
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service or new features and changes to our online research panel.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or by post, or contact you by telephone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the British Equestrian Trade Association Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at East Wing, Stockeld Park, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS22 4AW, UK.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
You generally have the opportunity to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. If you refuse a cookie it may prevent the proper operation of the site. You can find out more about managing cookies at this web site.
The table below explains the cookies we use, why we use them and how long they last.
|PHPSESSID||Used to remember who you are as you move around the site to preserve any preferences you set.||Until you close your browser|
|__utma||Used to determine unique visitors to this site for statistical purposes.||2 years from set/update|
|__utmb||Used to determine separate visits you make to this site for statistical purposes.||30 minutes from set/update|
|__utmc||Used to determine separate visits you make to this site for statistical purposes.||Until you close your browser|
|__utmz||Stores how you reached this site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or an advert.||30 minutes from set/update|